You are sure to have heard us mention a time or two just recently that the College of William & Mary yearbook, the Colonial Echo, for the years 1899-1995 was recently digitized. A bookmark was created for the official launch of the Colonial Echo Digital Archive during Homecoming 2010. Here now, for those of you who have been curious, are the images that you see on the bookmark.
- A photograph of the 1901 William and Mary Football team along with Henry “Doc” Billups and their dog mascot from the 1902 Colonial Echo.
- Sigma Phi Epsilon’s viking ship float in the 1979 Homecoming parade from the 1980 Colonial Echo.
- John Edwin Pomfret, William & Mary President from 1942-1951, at his desk from the 1948 Colonial Echo.
- Kappa Alpha’s float in the 1981 Homecoming parade from the 1982 Colonial Echo.
- Members of the first Women’s Student Council from the 1919 Colonial Echo.